1. In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, Navaratnam Chambers (hereinafter referred to as “Chambers”) is required to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that we have collected, maintained and processed.
2. In this regard, please be informed that the personal data provided to Chambers by you or your employees will be processed by Chambers for the purposes only of representing you in your matter for which we are engaged. This includes personal data such as names, addresses, NRIC numbers, phone numbers and email addresses.
3. The person or categories of person to whom your personal data may be disclosed include, Chambers’ partners and employees, opposing solicitors or parties, service providers, officers of the courts of law, as well as other persons to whom disclosure is necessary for purposes of representing you and conducting your matter.
4. Except as set out in this notice, we will not disclose your personal data without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so (eg, if we are required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime), or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights and those of our clients. Chambers will maintain the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your personal data against the loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
5. You may make a request in writing to access, correct or limit the processing and use of your personal data by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by way of letter to Mr Nahendran Navaratnam at Chambers’ address or fax at 603-6205 2571.
6. If we do not hear from you on the above within fourteen (14) days, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the above and consent to the continued use and processing of the personal data given to us.